We eat out quite often last year, (when we didnt have our house yet), and we always turn to kebabs as there's quite a few halal kebab places here.
Now that i have my own kitchen, i'd thought i'd make our own!
The best bread for them i reckon is the turkish bread. they come in all types of shapes and sizes, but tastes the same. the fresher, the better but dont worry, if you cant get any turkish bread, pitta or baguette will do just fine.
It will be a nice sunday brunch or a snack you'd have outside in your garden, enjoying the spring/summer sun!
Much of my dishes are basically an invention of my own, tasting it along the way. therefore i dont have the precise measurements. so here are just the key ingredients. you cant go wrong with it!
Beef - cut in strips
Onions (lots of em!) - sliced
Capsicums - green and red, diced
Tomatoes - diced
Garlic Powder (a dash)
Garam Masala (start with a tablespoon full, and adjust it to your tastebuds)
Curry Powder (half of the amount of Garam Masala)
1. Saute onions in pan with oil.
2. Add in beef and stir for 4 mins until beef is tender
3. Add garlic powder, garam masala and curry powder and stir
4. Add a little bit of water so that it will be slightly moist
5. Add in the diced green and red peppers and tomatoes
6. Grill it in the oven for 15 mins at 180c
We like ours with garlic mayonaise and chilli sauce!
Monday, 16 April 2007
Posted by ZazaHardy at 14:34