Next time you grill a fish, try this! this is probably the best sauce to eat with your ikan bakar. i am aware of kuah asam made with tamarind juice that goes pretty well with any grilled fish but so far, this is my favourite! (and my husband's too!).
My sister made this for me some years back, and last year, when i was pregnant with aidan, i was craving for it and didnt know how to do it (lazy is the right word), so my husband bought us a return ticket to the UK for me to enjoy my sister's ikan bakar and this kicap sauce! (together with some shopping, a lot of cathing up with her and my brother in law).
Anyway, just trust me on this.. try it!
KUAH KICAP IKAN BAKAR (Soy Sauce for Grilled Fish)
1. Kicap manis (sweet soy sauce) - i used an indonesian brand ABC kicap pekat (the best!)
3. Cili Padi - cut into tiny bits (caution, might be too hot for some)
4. Red Onion - loads of it. diced or sliced, whichever you prefer
5. Coriander - A MUST!!! loads and loads and loads of them (i'm a huge fan of it)
6. Lime - a few drops (optional) i chose not to include this
Friday, 25 May 2007
Posted by ZazaHardy at 09:08