I absolutely adore eggs. it is light and you can turn them into one of the quickest of all meals. they are the easiest to make and extremely versatile, served hot or cold as snacks, for main meals, for light lunch or supper dishes, or even picnics!
It is important to have fresh eggs. organic if possible. we are trying to shift to organic stuff now, slowly, starting it on our son, Aidan. and today, i've introduced eggs to his meal. so since he had his eggy bread for lunch, i fixed us frittata for our light dinner.
For this recipe, i used baby spinach. its leaves soften quickly and you dont have to remove the stalks or chop the leaves.
Wednesday, 12 September 2007
5 large fresh eggs
Tomato - chopped
Garlic - chopped
Fresh ground pepper
1. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork. season well with salt and plenty of pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in pan. stir fry the garlic and spinach for 2 mins or so until they have softened.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and quickly add the tomato. do not stir. put on medium heat and cook for 8 mins or so or until the top has almost set.
4. Slide under a preheated grill to finish cooking the top.
5. Cut into wedges. you can serve them hot or cold (i'd prefer mine fresh and hot!)
Posted by ZazaHardy at 09:08