I had guests staying over last couple of weeks, all are not into heavy breakfast (i.e malaysian breakfast). served them full english breakfast the previous day and so i thought i'd make them some crepes the following morning.
These are really easy to make. really helps when you have good fresh eggs and fresh milk. it'll make a whole lot difference, i tell ya.
While we were in Paris last couple of years ago (Aidan was 5 months in my tummy), we enjoyed our crepes with all sorts of filling. and almost every corner we turn, we'd see a booth or a stall selling crepes. the thing is with them, is to make them as thinly as possible and to eat them when they're hot. for us, the best filling is definitely the sinful nutella! heel lekker! OoooLaaaLaaa!
225g Plain Flour
2 tbsp soft light brown sugar
Grarted rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Combine the flour and sugar and beat in the eggs and half the milk. beat together until smooth and gradually add remaining milk to make smooth batter.
2. Stir in lemon rind.
3. Melt a little bitter in frying pan and pour a ladel full of batter. tilt the pan or swirl it around (whatever you call the technique), to make the batter evenly on the pan. let it cook for a min or two. flip it over the other side and let it cook.
4. To make the filling, slice the bananas and toss them in the lemon juice.
5. Pour the syrup over them and toss.
6. Stuff the bananas in the crepe, then fold it into half, or quarter.
7. Serve warm.