My lavenders are doing well in the garden! they're gorgeous, every bit of them! from the look, to their smell and even their taste! there are different types and species available. some are edible, most are not. they have such gorgeous colour, dont you think so? so soft and sweet, it makes you want to kiss each and every one of them!
I was curious on how they taste like. i found some cullinary edible lavender flowers in the UK during my last visit and decided to have a go with baking them! found this simple recipe on the net and voila!
You can, of course frost your cupcakes or add a little bit of icing. add a teeny bit of lavender colour in your icing and decorate your cake. should have done it but i was too excited to savour them!
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp dried lavender (flowers only)
8tbsp butter (at room temp.)
2 large eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 180c and line your muffun tin with liners.
2. Place sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor and process about a minute.
3. Place the lavender sugar in the bowl and mix with butter (on low speed) until just combined. increase the speed to medium-high and beat the two together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and beat well after each addition. s
5. Sift the flour into the mixture and then add the milk, vanilla extract and lemon zest. mix until just combined.
6. Spoon the batter into the paper liners and bake for 18-20 mins.