We've been having simple meals lately. saves me time now that Aidan eats whatever we eat. by simple i mean non malay food! to have such a heavy dish is quite rare for us these days. good, some might say! i am also very selective with what Aidan eats. i try to make his food as interesting and as balanced as possible but he's quite picky with his greens! but mama's smarter! ;)
Anyway.. here's a simple dish i tried last weekend. we normally treat ourselves with prawns once in a while, like a month or once in a couple of months. Aidan is not ready for prawns yet, so this meal was entirely for the two of us - Hardy and i.
My Prawn Curry in a Hurry
400g fresh prawns
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
4 cloves of garlic (whacked and sliced)
4 Kaffir lime leaves (half shreadded and half leave it as a whole)
2-2 1/2 Thai fish sauce
A handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
1/2 tsp fish curry powder
1 lemongrass stalk (bashed and chopped)
4-5 fresh coriander stems (chopped)
2 kaffir lime leaves (shreadded)
3 green chillies (seeded and chopped)
1. Blend all ingredients into a paste and set aside.
2. Heat wok with oil and add in garlic.
3. When garlic turns slightly brown, add a teaspoon of the fish curry powder. and stir for a tad bit.
5. Pour coconut milk into wok and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
4. Add 1 or 1 1/2 tbsp of green paste and shreadded lime leaves and add fish sauce. stir well.
5. Add prawns and/or other seafood. careful not to overcook them!
6. Just before serving, add fresh coriander and you can adjust the flavour with probably more of the fish sauce or the paste. but not salt!!
Give it a try and let me know!!