No indian meal is complete without a side dish! and spices are at the heart and soul of indian cooking. i've learnt that whatever dish you're preparing, always fry your spices before the vegetable or meat. this will release the flavours and eliminate any raw taste. but careful, not to cook your spices for too long, otherwise the flavours will become bitter.
Monday, 12 November 2007
We had this as our side dish together wish our chicken balti the other day (which i will write later). A very simple dish everyone can handle them. Hardy loves the crunchy garlic bits and i love potatoes.
YELLOW SPICED POTATOES WITH GARLIC
3-4 Medium sized potatoes
3 Cloves garlic - chopped
1 tsp ground tumeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1. Cook the potatoes whole in boiling water for 20 mins orr until just cooked through. do not overcook. drain and leave to cool.
2. Cut them into bite sized pieces.
3. Heat oil in small frying pan and cook the garlic until it turns brown. Add the tumeric powder, chilli powder, cumin and mustard seeds. cook for a couple of mins.
4. Pour the spice mixture over the potatoes. mix them well.
5. Another option is to put them on grill.
Posted by ZazaHardy at 21:33