We occationally have our indian nights where i'd like to think that i'm practising my indian cooking. whether or not i've improved, that's a totally different matter!
We used to go to the UK quite a lot for our holidays some 20-25 years back and i grew to love the indian take-aways at Edgware Road and the ever so popular Khan's at Bayswater. Back at home, a good family friend owns a REALLY GOOD indian restaurant called Sheesh Mahal at PJ and Ampang and i dared myself in trying different dishes.
Now that i'm far from the UK, even further than malaysia and sheesh mahal, and not to mention the fact that there arent that many affordable indian restaurants down south, i cook my own. Will write more on them. but this was what i cooked alongside my bottled tikka masala yesterday.
CRUNCHY AND SPICED BEANS WITH POTATOES
2-3 Medium sized potatoes
A handful of fresh beans
2 Cloves of Garlic - chopped
1 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Corriander Seeds
1 tbsp Garam Masala
1 Whole tomato
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water until cooked through. DO NOT overcook as it will mushy and we dont want that!
2. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Cut them into bite sized pieces.
4. Heat oil in pan and cook garlic, tumeric, chilli powder, ground cumin, mustard seeds, corriander seeds.
5. Stir well for 2 mins and add just a tad bit of water if it sticks to the pan.
6. Add beans and stir for a minuite.
7. Add the cooked potatoes.
8. Add the garam masala and salt, stir well.
9. Lastly, diced a tomato and chuck them in.
Saturday, 4 August 2007
Posted by ZazaHardy at 18:16