My usual Sunday mornings - wake up, kiss Hardy good morning (or maybe the other way around depends who gets up first), kiss Aidan good morning, have a little cuddle, a little chat, a bit of a giggle and a wiggle with my two boys on the bed before going down to the kitchen to prepare us breakfast.
You will not see any cereals, jams, muesli, milk on our table on Sundays. i put on my apron earlier compared to normal weekdays and i put a little bit more effort to actually dig into those kitchen cabinets and see what i can make.
Last Sunday - Pancakes! i love making pancakes! you can make so many varieties of pancakes and can never go wrong with them (err...can you?). we love our pancakes fat, fluffy, less sugary, less buttery thus hopefully healthy. i used to crave for pancakes when i had Aidan! and he came out healthyly fluffy indeed!! (at 4.28kg!!)
200g Self Raising Flour
50g Castor Sugar
I had 2 apples lying around and so i peeled and grated them. if you want to add the apples, add 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon.
1. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Beat egg and milk together, pour into the flour mixture.
3. Stir well with wooden spoon until liquid is well combined.
4. Stir in grated apple.
5. Heat butter in a pan until melted and bubbling and spoon the mixture. (note: it will rise!)
6. Serve when warm with maple syrup.
Wednesday, 15 August 2007
Posted by ZazaHardy at 11:14