It was half 6 and all i had in the freezer was chicken breasts. our favourite butcher (in Belgium!) has gone for summer vacation, they're closed for a month! half an hour left before my Home & Away starts (yes, yes, i still watch that programme). flip through my new recipe book i recently bought in the UK, and on page 98, i found one that suits the moment - Grilled Thai Chicken Chunks - with my favourite ingredient - Corriander!
GRILLED THAI CHICKEN CHUNKS
2-3 Chicken Breasts cut into small chunks
Fresh Corriander - chopped
1 Green Chilli - deseeded
1 Red Chilli - deseeded
1 whole Lemongrass - chopped
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1 1/2 tsp Brown sugar
2-3 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Lime juice
1. Make marinade by blending chillies, corriander, lemongrass.
2. Add tumeric, garam masala, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and blend until smooth.
3. Add marinade with chicken chunks in bowl. (if possible let to chill or set aside for at least 1/2 hour. - obviously i didnt have the time i put it on the pan straight away! it still worked!
4. When the chicken chunks are throughly marinated, barbecue or grill them on a pan turning them frequently and basting it with the remaining marinade.
5. Serve with steamed rice and garnish with chopped fresh corriander.
Managed to finish just on time. i get to enjoy my Home & Away, Hardy and i get to enjoy our dinner! :)
Thursday, 9 August 2007
Posted by ZazaHardy at 10:46