I honestly suck at baking. the only cake i can bake, and bake very well (and earn money out of it once) is prune cake. the craze about cupcakes these days are just beyond words! there are so so many people doing it these days, a lot of telanted people who can pipe and decorate to the tiniest detail of a petal!
This was what was wrong with this particular cupcake. i was so excited to put the frosting on and look at what had happened! i'm suppose to wait for the cupcake to cool off at least, then only add the frosting for it to FROST! too anxious, it then melted :( oh well, they all go to the same place i suppose! heheh...
Here's wishing all you lot a jolly bright weekend! thanks for dropping by. will blog again soon!
Moist Walnut Cupcakes
4tbsp butter, softened
100g castor sugar
grated rind of 1/2 lemon
70g self rising flour
12 walnuts to decorate
4 tbsp butter, softened
85g icing sugar
grated lime of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp of lemon juice
1. Put paper baking cases in a muffin pan.
2. Put the walnus in a food processor and blend until finely ground, careful not to overgrind which will turn them to oil.
3. Add butter, cut into small pieces along with the sugar, lemon rind, flour and eggs. then blend until evenly mixed.
4. Spoon mixture into paper cases and bake cupcakes in a preheated oven 190 degrees c for apprx 20 mins or until well risen and golden brown.
5. To make frosting, put the butter in a bowl and beat until fluffy. sift the icing sugar, add the lemon rind and juice and mix well.
6. (this was where i went wrong!) When cupakes are cold, spread a little frosting on top of each cake and top with a walnut.